Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Quick Update

I have been working on my latest entry for about the last ten days and honestly i don't know why it is taking me so long to finish it. Just in case i don't finish it in this century, I thought i could let you know how I have been progressing on my health plan. The answer is great! ....until about a week ago.

For almost two weeks straight i hit most of my work outs and did very well on my diet. I need to stress that the fact that i did it more than two days back to back is a major achievement for me because before, stress and depression would become crippling at that point. So i am very proud of me for that.

Even though i was sore after my first few work outs, i didn't stop, even if that meant i was lifting weights at midnight. (A girls got to do what a girls got to do.) After the first week i was feeling pretty good and after the second i was feeling really good. I lost five pound on the scale, but i don't really count that or let it go to my head. I can fluctuate big time depending on my time of the month and i figure that the first ten pounds is just water weight anyhow. But i was starting to feel good inside, like all the sedentary bad stuff was beginning to be broken up and moved out.

When i woke up a week ago Friday, i had a little scratchy throat, nothing to be concerned about so i went about my day. Right about three o clock i was driving around, doing errands, and all of a sudden i felt terrible. My nose got clogged, my head got hot and all my muscles got weak.

To recap the several days after that, lets just say there was lots of soup and tissue involved. I was finally able to breath through both nostrils a few days ago and now feel like i have regained my energy.

The good news is that I'm not freaking out about missing a week of working out. Not too long ago, a set back like this would have discouraged me for months. The fact that tomorrow morning is looking like a good day to get back on the horse and I'm ok with it, is freaking me out! I was sad about the missed week at first but then i just said to myself, 'hey, this isn't a race, its a goal, its about building consistency and a life style.' So I'm going to get sick every once in a while, its ok, i just get back up when i can and hit it again.

So that's what I'm going to do, hit it hard and consistently for another two weeks, I'll let you know what happens then!

No comments:

Post a Comment