Monday, December 28, 2009

Why im doing this

I would like to tell you my story, it has two parts. I am at a cross roads, so to speak. I have spent many years suffering with hormone imbalance and it is only recently that i feel i have found all the puzzle pieces i need to put myself to rights. So, first i would like to share with you my history, all the things that made me look at my health and say "what the hell is going on with me?" The frustration and failures and ultimately the paths that lead me to where i am now.

The next part will be a year long experiment on what i have learned, putting my plan to work. The point of this blog is a few fold. First, i feel a strong need to share what i know with the world. i am very passionate about this. the more research i do and the more people i talk to about it, the more my eyes are open the the fact that syndromes of low progesterone are extremely wide spread, affect women from their first period to past menopause and are largely dismissed, misdiagnosed and mistreated. In my very depressed moments i have often asked myself "why?" why has this happened to me? I feel inspired that it was because i have a freakin stubborn streak that wont allow me to put up and live with this crap (even if at times you can find me sobbing about my weight gain while eating ice cream and daring my husband to even try to touch me). i decided that as long as i could help even one person by my experiences come through to the other side of hormone hell, it would be worth it.

Secondly, i knew i needed to document my journey. It is really easy to forget how bad things really were last month or to stop taking a supplement because you don't realize how much it has been helping you. Pregnant women get "pregnant brain", PCOS women get "brain fog". Honestly, sometimes, i cant remember five minutes behind me or think five minutes ahead. I need to track my progression, and so should you.

Thirdly, i need to be held accountable to something. If i don't, my plan wont go past day two, and i desperately need to succeed. if you are reading this, thank you, you have just helped me on the road to Wellville.

1 comment:

  1. I am reading, and can't wait to hear about your experiences! Tell us the good, the bad AND the ugly. I've missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete